Immanuel House in Brooklyn is just blocks away from a large population of Jewish people. Our facility serves as Life in Messiah International’s center for prayer, fellowship, training and outreach. [See www.lifeinmessiah.org.]
We are seeking short-term in-house VOLUNTEERS with a passion for ministry. Volunteers are needed beginning September 2017.
We offer you the unique opportunity of:
- Learning more about Jewish people and how to reach them for Messiah – in proximity to the largest Jewish population outside of Israel.
- Working on a small ministry team while meeting people from diverse backgrounds.
- Lots of free time to explore “the Big Apple” – the world-class city that never sleeps.
- Access to our on-site library to learn more about Jewish culture, theology, etc.
- Living in a fully-furnished one-bedroom apartment for only $600/month* (and that in New York City!).
- *Please note: this $600/month is a cost offset for living in the facility only. All personal expenses (e.g., food, toiletries, transportation, etc.) additionally are the responsibility of the volunteer. Upon approval, funds may be raised through Life in Messiah to offset housing/expenses. Contact us for details.
What kind of person makes a great Life in Messiah volunteer? Someone who…
- is a believer in Jesus the Messiah, with a heart for the “lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
- agrees with Life in Messiah’s Articles of Belief.
- has a desire to serve joyfully! :)
- doesn’t mind regularly cleaning bathrooms, floors, etc.
- is a self-starter who is able to work independently and quickly helps wherever help is needed.
- enjoys people and is hospitable.
What is expected?
- Cleaning/light housekeeping in our facility is the primary task, usually requiring no more than six hours/week.
- Volunteers will be shown what needs to be done, but completing the work is usually at their own schedule. In case of special events, flexibility is required as external deadlines may dictate the schedule (e.g., help with meals, set up a room for a meeting, prepare for incoming guests, etc.).
- Participating in, and helping with, the biweekly Shabbat dinner. This is a task, but also a ministry opportunity. (Actual work takes less than two hours, but the entire Friday evening is committed.)
- As free time allows, attend the 9:00 AM weekday team prayer meetings.
- A minimum commitment of 2-3 months. [A more permanent Guest House Manager option is available.]
Questions/want to apply? Contact our New York office directly. We will be happy to answer your questions and provide a volunteer application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Email address: ImmanuelHouse@LifeInMessiah.org