Life in Messiah International (LIFE) seeks a creative Multimedia Evangelism Specialist (MES) to pioneer innovative strategies and help develop LIFE’s digital media outreach efforts, with a “first to the Jewish people” priority.
Multimedia Evangelism Specialist is a new role at LIFE, combining traditional and cutting-edge communications. The “traditional” is the creation/development of multimedia content, internal and external communications, and marketing campaigns. The “cutting edge” is defining the role of internet evangelism and social media in our day-to-day operations in the office and on the field. This entails staying current with digital venues and technology, networking with peers in other ministries, field implementation, training staff, and leading by example; i.e., the MES will become our leading “digital evangelist” in reaching Jewish people with the gospel. (See www.insearchofshalom.com to see a current LIFE outreach example.)
Both traditional and cutting edge aspects require strong communications skills (e.g., verbal, writing, and editing) as well as sharp technical skills (e.g., media editing software, MS Office Suite, social media, web design, and website analytics).
Excellence in communications is the standard for measurement. The MES will lead multimedia efforts and assist in the day-to-day operations of the Communication Department under the supervision of the Advancement Coordinator, and work closely with the Field Ministry Directors at the Life in Messiah International headquarters in Lynwood, Illinois.
- All facets of digital evangelism.
- Plan, shoot, edit and distribute video productions; record, edit and distribute audio.
- Assist with content creation and editing of internal and external communication pieces: e-blasts, staff updates, staff newsletters, donor letters and other publications.
- Manage/enable regular refreshing/editing of LIFE websites with appropriate and appealing user content.
- Ensure content on all digital media complies with LIFE policies, copyright laws, and trademark rules (ensuring our material is properly copyrighted or trademarked).
- Build and maintain a network with other ministries: collaborating, sharing best practices and fostering mutual learning.
- Initiation and implementation of social media and website outreach and marketing campaigns, utilizing web analytics to determine effectiveness.
- Work directly with LIFE field staff to:
- Understand their ministries/outreaches and communication needs.
- Advise what is technically feasible.
- Encourage a multimedia vision that meets their needs/budgets.
- Produce content to help meet their goals.
- Personal attributes/skills:
- Excellent communicator
- Strong team player
- Continuous learner with “let’s discover how” mentality
- Strong creative drive and willingness to implement new concepts
- Able to teach (e.g., explain technical concepts to non-technical staff)
- Good organization, planning, and time management ability
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines while balancing varied responsibilities
- Performs well under pressure
- Technical skills:
- Excellent computer skills
- Capable on both Mac and Windows platforms
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe editing platforms (Photoshop and Premiere)
- Understanding of, and ability to become proficient with:
- Video and audio editing suites
- Web design and editing software
- Capable of becoming a “social media expert” and staff resource person
- Excellent computer skills
- Must be a committed believer in Messiah Yeshua with evidence of a growing “Christian walk” and passion for sharing the gospel.
- The ideal candidate will have an Information & Communication Technology bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience. Degrees in a related field and/or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Experience in a ministry setting is highly desired.
- Must be in fundamental agreement with our doctrinal statement.
Compensation: This position requires raising support from donors who are sold on the ministry value of media evangelism. Up to half the compensation package will be matched by other funds. A salary of $30,000-$35,000 will be paid based on level of qualifications and experience.
For further information or to apply, please contact Renae (see information below).